COVID-19 Update and Facility Closures
March 16, 2020
Please share... As we continue to regularly monitor the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the health and safety of our residents, staff and visitors is our top priority. Accordingly, the Kerrobert Recreation Department will be following the preventive measures which are in line with current provincial and federal recommendations:
• In regards to Kerrobert Recreation facilities, all programming and all rentals will cease.
o All Public skate and any rentals at the Arena are cancelled.
o Shuffling and Walk this Way are cancelled and and all rentals at the PCC are cancelled one week at a time. (To those who have reserved dates, those will be held and we will be in touch one week prior to your booking).
o The Library and all programming will be cancelled.
• Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place, with both frequency and intensity of cleaning in town facilities.
• Staff are spending limited hours within our Rec Facilities to allow for cross training to ensure we have contingency plans in place for our water plant.
• The Handibus service will cease.
• These decisions will be reviewed and updated on this page every Monday.
We ask all residents to help us in protecting our community by staying home if you are not feeling well. If you think you may be experiencing symptoms, SHA has activated a self-assessment tool to help determine whether testing is needed.
Please watch out for your neighbors, stay in touch with each other and lend a “washed” hand if needed. If you know of someone who may need extra help and will be affected by the disruption of services with the Handibus, please have them contact the Rec Director at 834-2344 or 834-8355.
Ensure you are staying up to date on what is happening in our community by checking this page and our website often and sharing that information with those who may not have Facebook.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Town office at 834-2361.