March 31st, 2021 Covid Update
March 31, 2021
Kerrobert Culture and Recreation News - March 31, 2021
The winter storm hit us with a punch here in our area, and high winds took out our power for a large part of the day. Many thanks must go out to our Sask Power friends who headed out in the nasty weather to work quickly to solve our problems.
An increase in Covid cases in the west central area should remind people to take extra precautions to slow the spread. There are vaccinations clinics and testing clinics being held in Kerrobert at the PCC and it’s important to stay up to date on this information as dates have been changing. Residents can book online or call 1-833-727-5829 for vaccination clinics.
Current guidelines were extended to April 12.
· Mandatory masking province-wide in indoor public spaces
· Worship services are permitted up to 30% of occupation or 150 attendees, whichever is lesser.
· Mandatory, non-medical mask use will be required during all indoor fitness activities, with aquatic activities the only exception. Fitness activities, including Walk this Way, in groups of eight or fewer continues to be permitted, for all ages.
· All private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to a maximum of 10 individuals.
o It is recommended the 10 individuals be from no more than two additional households.
o You must be consistent in your household bubble, the bubble of 10 should always be the same individuals. You should not join multiple bubbles.
o Caregivers, support personnel and tradespersons who are not a member of the household and not included when determine the maximum number of people allowed.
· Outdoor gatherings limited to maximum 10 people (People in attendance must ensure that physical distancing of at least two metres between households is maintained)
· Capacity will be restricted to 30 people at all arenas, live theatres, movie theatres, performing arts venues and any other facilities providing social distancing can be obtained.
· Indoor public banquets, conferences, and wedding in public venues will be limited to 30 people. Food or beverages may not be present or served.
· One family at a time is welcome in the Library to browse for books.
Communities in Bloom - Hope is Growing
This year the National Organization of Communities in Bloom is participating in a new initiative called HOPE IS GROWING which encourages people across Canada to plant YELLOW to show unified HOPE across the county following a difficult year with Covid. As you plan your spaces this year, consider ways to plant or add YELLOW. Watch for ways to win local prizes by participating!
The committee also participates in “Adopt a Space” that sees community members spending extra time caring for and making suggestions to help beautify these spaces. They are currently looking to have the following spaces adopted : Hwy 21 sign to Unity, Hillside Park and Poolside Park. Please call the Recreation office if you are interested in being involved. Spending time outside is amazing for our mental health and volunteering is good for our soul.
Swimming Pool News
This past week I have attended three online meetings with Red Cross and the LifeSaving Society to get updated on the guidelines that will need to be followed to open the pool safely. Currently we are planning to hold swim lessons although how they are run may look slightly different than in previous years. We are also anticipating offering more private lesson times for another option during Covid. KCS is looking into whether or not they are able to allow their students to participate in June lessons and they will notify us by May 1. Swimming Lesson Dates are currently booked for: Session 1: July 6-9 & 13-16; Session 2: July 20-23 & July 27-30; Session 3: Aug 10-13 & 17-20. Lesson registration will be held in mid May and we will encourage people to book by telephone to reduce having people in the office.
Dates to Remember :
· March 30 - Minor Ball registration is due. Call Rachael for more information at 306-834-7186.
· May 13 – Kerrobert Library Meeting
· May 18 – Communities in Bloom meeting – 6:30 p.m.
· May 28 – Communities in Bloom Planting Day – 9:00 a.m.
· June 4 – Kerrobert Swimming Pool Opens
· July 3-4 - Courthouse Centennial Celebration and Rodeo 2021
· Sept. 17 – Memorial Arena opens
Do what you need to do to ensure that your mental and physical health is cared for and reach out to a professional if it becomes too much. Times are challenging but the end is in sight and there is so much help available. Stay well!
Sask Health Line – 811
211 Saskatchewan – 211 (24hr, free, confidential service to help connect to mental health services)
West Central Crisis Center – 1-306-463-6655
West Central Crisis after hours – 1-306-463-1860 (24 hour line)
Heartland Health Region - 1-866-268-9139
Kerrobert Food Bank - 834-5294 or 834-8292
Kerrobert KidSport – 834-2344
Recreation on call phone – 834-8355