Culture & Recreation News - Covid Update
April 21, 2021
Kerrobert Culture and Recreation News – April 20, 2021
Due to being away this week, I am submitting only a short article.
Current guidelines to April 26 :
· All private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to immediate households only. No guests or other gatherings are allowed at this time.
· Worship gathering sizes are limited to no more than 30 people.
· Mandatory, non-medical mask use are be required in all indoor public spaces.
· Outdoor gatherings limited to maximum 10 people. Social distancing rules still apply.
· Capacity will be restricted to 30 people at all arenas, live theatres, movie theatres, performing arts venues and any other facilities providing social distancing can be obtained.
· Indoor public banquets, conferences, and wedding in public venues will be limited to 30 people. Food or beverages may not be present or served.
· One family at a time is welcome in the Library to browse for books.
· We remind residents to book online or call 1-833-727-5829 for vaccination clinics.
Communities in Bloom - Hope is Growing
On Friday April 23 (weather permitting), KCS students will be doing a clean up around our community and Communities in Bloom invites everyone to pitch in on this day and throughout the weekend to help beautify our Town. Thank you to KCS for their continued support to our environment and our community!
Remember that the first day to pick up bagged leaves is Tuesday April 27 and residents must ensure they are in clear bags (so as to ensure they are NOT garbage) and that they are placed in front yards for easy pick up. Town staff will not be going through back alleys this year.
Lastly, remember when planning your garden this year, plan to PLANT YELLOW – the international color of hope, and join communities across Canada in the HOPE IS GROWING Campaign.
Nordic Fencing will arrive April 26 and they will be installing new fence on Diamond 3. The shale for all three diamonds will arrive around the same date so the Fairgrounds will be a busy place and we ask that with the amount of equipment there that people try to stay out of the area.
Swimming Pool and Park Program News
Swimming Lesson Dates are currently booked for: Session 1: July 6-9 & 13-16; Session 2: July 20-23 & July 27-30; Session 3: Aug 10-13 & 17-20. Private lessons times will be shared soon. Lesson registration will be held in mid May and we will encourage people to book by telephone.
Dates to Remember :
· April 27 – Spring Clean up Day (bagged leaves in clear bags will be picked up in front yards)
· May 4 - Spring Clean up Day (bagged leaves in clear bags will be picked up in front yards)
· May 4 – Poolside Park committee meeting
· May 13 – Kerrobert Library Meeting
· May 18 – Communities in Bloom meeting – 6:30 p.m.
· May 28 – Communities in Bloom Planting Day – 9:00 a.m.
· June 4 – Kerrobert Swimming Pool Opens
· June 6-11 – KCS Virtual Rebel Run – check out the KCS Facebook page for more info!
· July 3-4 - Courthouse Centennial Celebration and Rodeo 2021
· Sept. 17 – Memorial Arena opens
Sask Health Line – 811
211 Saskatchewan – 211 (24hr, free, confidential service to help connect to mental health services)
West Central Crisis Center – 1-306-463-6655
West Central Crisis after hours – 1-306-463-1860 (24 hour line)
Heartland Health Region - 1-866-268-9139
Kerrobert Food Bank - 834-5294 or 834-8292
Kerrobert KidSport – 834-2344
Recreation on call phone – 834-8355
Stay well everyone!