Culture & Recreation News - Covid Update
May 18, 2021
May 18, 2021
Kerrobert Culture and Recreation News – May 19, 2021
The Sask Re-Opening Roadmap is a document that promises us better days ahead. Be sure to check it out to follow the plan. We are seeing cases drop in our province and people are hopeful for the future. There are a number of opportunities to receive your vaccination and we remind residents to book online or call 1-833-727-5829 for vaccination clinics.
Current Covid Updates to May 30
· All private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to immediate households only. No guests or other gatherings are allowed at this time.
· Worship gathering sizes are limited to no more than 30 people.
· Mandatory, non-medical mask use are be required in all indoor public spaces.
· Outdoor gatherings limited to maximum 10 people. Social distancing rules still apply.
· Indoor public banquets, conferences, and weddings in public venues will be limited to 30 people. Food or beverages may not be present or served.
· The Library is once again open for one family at a time.
· Garage Sales are currently permitted and residents who are interested must review the Sask Re-Open Plan.
Communities in Bloom - Hope is Growing
Thank you to everyone who has sponsored a flower pot this season. Communities in Bloom will be meeting on May 27 to prepare the pots and on May 28 for their annual planting day! They welcome and need any help that is available. Please call the Recreation office you would like to know how to get involved. If you are interested in sponsoring a Communities in Bloom planter for $35, please drop off or mail your donation to the Town of Kerrobert, Box 558, Kerrobert SK, S0L 1R0 and funds will be directed to the Communities in Bloom. Please make cheques payable to the Town of Kerrobert and a receipt will be issued.
Swimming Pool and Park Program News
Staff continue to work away at the getting the pool ready for a great season! Our first days of lesson registration were very busy and as of Tuesday May 18 we had 97 kids registered for swimming lessons. We have many locals but also many who register from surrounding communities of Plenty, Dodsland, Coleville, Kindersley, Major, Handle and Tramping Lake. We sure appreciate their support and look forward to seeing them this summer. We also welcome the many grandchildren of Kerrobert grandparents who chose to spend two weeks visiting our community. We thank all families who trust us to teach their kids water safety and look forward to building relationships again this year, connecting with new families and reconnecting with those we have served in the past. Information regarding the pool was sent out in the Chronicle to review the week of May 10 and it is posted online. Please don’t hesitate to call our office 834-8355 or 834-2344 to have your questions answered or to register.
Shale arrived today and more is to arrive in the next two days. Staff will be working to get it placed on all three diamonds within the next week.
Thank you for the continued support from the community on the purchase of our new Zamboni. We currently have $92,500 raised to date! We will keep you updated!
Dates to Remember :
· April 30 – Kerrobert Golf Course opens!!
· May 4 – KCS SCC Community calendar sales begin!
· May 28 – Communities in Bloom Planting Day – 9:00 a.m.
· June 1 – Kerrobert 4H Achievement Days
· June 4 – Kerrobert Swimming Pool Opens
· June 6-11 – KCS Virtual Rebel Run – check out the KCS Facebook page for more info!
· July 3-4 - Rodeo 2021 (pending)
· Sept. 17 – Memorial Arena opens
What a great few days it has been reconnecting with families who use our pool. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we get back to them as quickly as possible. The fact that there is any patience left with all the weary people out there is remarkable to me. We live in a great community. Keep being kind and never underestimate what a smile or a chat or a friendly text can do. Please continue to be kind when you are strong enough to do that and watch out for those who are struggling. There is help available for those who need it. Stay well friends, this too shall end.
Sask Health Line – 811
211 Saskatchewan – 211 (24hr, free, confidential service to help connect to mental health services)
West Central Crisis Center – 1-306-463-6655
West Central Crisis after hours – 1-306-463-1860 (24 hour line)
Heartland Health Region - 1-866-268-9139
Kerrobert Food Bank - 834-5294 or 834-8292
Kerrobert KidSport – 834-2344
Recreation on call phone – 834-8355